Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I hope you're having a spectacular weekend so far and be safe if you plan on celebrating tonight with a few beverages! 

As a kid I remember getting excited around St. Patty's time because that meant that the Irish Potatoes would be in the stores.  You could only get them this time of year and they were so YUMMY!  I never realized until a couple years ago that these candies are actually just a local thing until my hub said he'd never heard of them.  This is what they look like in the stores...
So I only recently found out these are from the Philadelphia area.  I just always thought everyone ate these at this time of year.  There are different recipes for making these but I remember they were very sweet and made with coconut and coated with cinnamon.  Delish!

Have you ever heard of these or made them yourself?  Will you be celebrating tonight?

3 comments:

  1. yum! we celebrated St Pattys with some corned beef and cabbage.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save me some
    Welcome back. How are things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Love your style :)
    reva
    revasrags2roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete