Friday, November 25, 2011

The Morning After

Good morning everyone!  I hope your Thanksgiving was full of thanks and spent with your loved ones as opposed to sitting in a tent in front of a store waiting to get a bargain. Where are the priorities?  Time spent with loved ones can never be measured in dollars.  But that's just my opinion and as a bargain shopper, I can certainly understand the hype and we all make our own choices.  So live and let shop!

My hub and I cooked and we just had my mom over.  Casual.  This year I decided to MAKE a pumpkin pie from scratch because the hub and I are trying to keep things low carb and this recipe was 4 carbs per slice as opposed to 20.

It was fairly easy... Made the pie crust out of chopped walnuts and had the filling in.  Looking good!

Then I realized I forgot to add the Splenda and had to scoop it back out...

So I added the Splenda, poured it back in and baked it...

It looked pretty good too! 
And tasted just as yummy!

All in all, it was a nice meal without any negativity and we all waddled away with full bellies.  After mom left, the hub and I donned our elastic waist PJs and watched Planes, Trains & Automobiles.  We have made it our tradition to watch this movie on Thanksgiving.  If you've never seen it, put it on your list.  It's great for a chuckle while eating that second piece of pie...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!  Were there any cooking snafus this year or in year's past that you look back on now and laugh about??





3 comments:

  1. My husband and I also try to keep a handle on our carbs. Nothing puts on weight faster than the white stuff (flour, sugar, salt, etc)!
    The pie looks delicious! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, sounds like you two kids had the perfect Thanksgiving. Congrats on making that delish looking pie. I will put the movie on my list. I need a good chuckle. I wanted to go to Macy's at midnight for black fri. but I changed my mind and went to bed. See you this weekend. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving,darl! I'm thinking of appropriating this festival,as we don't do it,and I think it's meaning so valuable the whole world should do it!XXX

    ReplyDelete