Monday, January 9, 2012

I was inspired!

Good morning everyone!  I'm linking up this week with two birds for their Inspiration Monday challenge.  If you don't know what it is, click here and check it out.

Here was this week's pic...
I'm not really a polka dot kinda gal but I found myself with two black and white polka dot tops to choose from.  I liked different things from each top so I layered them and came up with this...
I'm wearing my knee high boots too because I'm experimenting with new ways to wear them.  I wasn't feeling the polka dots though...  So I tried something else.
That's better!  I've been trying to find something to wear this cardi with and just haven't really liked anything so far.  I've had this cardi forever but I can't remember what I use to wear it with.  If I get tired of wearing something, I will sometimes tuck it away for a year or two then pull it back out and put it back into circulation which is what I did with this.  I think I'm liking this look so even though it's nothing like the original pic, I was inspired by it!

The best part of my version of the polka dot look was my earrings which you can't even see so here's a close up...
I love these!  A flea market find - real turquoise and sterling silver.  I remember I paid a hefty $15 for them - that's top dollar at a flea market - but I really liked them and think it was worth every penny!

I can't wait to see how you all were inspired.  Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. Hey Girl, great look with the pants rolled up and those earrings are goregeous! Worth the 15 bucks I would say. You look tan, and healthy. Love the second look the best...just that little pop of color in the shirt made it look totally cute. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that second look! you can tell from the pictures that you like it better than the first (although both pictures are beautiful...you glow more in the 2nd)! and don't you love "new" old clothes from your very own closet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really look gorgeous! I liked your interpretation!
    And I love turquoise and silver, so, the earrings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings.
    I may have to try the rolled up jeans with boots. I can't find any really skinny jeans to tuck inside boots.
    I like the second look much better too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look on you. Speaking of layers there is still one day left in my Trending link up. Stop by and check it out.
    http://silverstyle50.blogspot.com/2012/01/trending-through-decades-layers.html

    ReplyDelete